Skin Cancer Screening Program Frequently Asked Questions
Participation is easy. Simply fill out the volunteer form and fax it to ASDS at 847-956-0999 or you can email it to email@example.com or call 847-956-9137 to volunteer.
Once you’ve signed up, your name and office contact information will be posted on the ASDS website. Patients can search by location to find the doctor nearest them, and then call your office to schedule an appointment.
There are several ways to do this, and you may choose the one that works best for your office:
- Set aside a specific date(s) when you will see skin cancer screening program patients.
- Set aside certain times after your regular office hours or during your office hours that are reserved for these patients.
- Set aside a specific number of appointments for these patients.
- Don’t set limits, and accept as many patients as your schedule will allow.
- If you come up with another method, go ahead and use it. The purpose of the program is to encourage patients to come in for a skin cancer screening. Whatever time you can allocate will be appreciated.
- Be sure to notify your office staff that you’ll be participating in the program and how you’re allocating your time, so they know how to schedule these patients.
You must see at least one patient to participate. Of course, the more patients you can screen, the better.
Call Jessica Walker at 847-956-9137 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. She’ll make sure that your name is marked on the website as having filled your appointment schedule so patients will know to contact another physician.
This is a year-round program. Schedule patients in any month you wish to.
You will receive a screening form similar to those used in other skin cancer screening programs. Mark the location of the lesion on the form to return to the patient and encourage him or her to seek treatment.
No. The skin cancer screening program is a pro bono effort and should be handled the same way you would handle other pro bono patients.
The skin cancer screening program promotion is for skin cancer screening only. If patients request other procedures or information, you may offer to have your staff set up a separate appointment to address their concerns.
Contact ASDS at 847-956-0900.