ASDS brings home Platinum, Gold at MarCom Awards
7, 2016, Rolling Meadows, Ill. – The American Society for Dermatologic
Surgery was recognized with 10 awards – including two Platinums and three Golds
– in the 2016 MarCom Awards competition.
The MarCom Awards is an
international creative competition administered and judged by the Association
of Marketing and Communication Professionals. The competition is among the
largest of its kind, receiving more than 6,000 entries each year from dozens of
MarCom judges are senior-level
marketing and communications professionals charged with selecting winners
“whose work serves as a benchmark for the industry.”
“ASDS members have a long
history as innovators and pioneers in dermatologic surgery, and one of our key
efforts is sharing those accomplishments both internally and with the public,”
said ASDS President Naomi Lawrence, MD. “It’s gratifying to see those efforts
receive national recognition.”
top honor – the Platinum Award – was presented to the Society in two
- Fluence, the 2015 ASDS/ASDSA
Annual Report, as a top association publication.
The 36-page document highlights the Society’s top accomplishments.
- “A History of Innovation: ASDS Members,” as an outstanding
informational web video showcasing the many innovations pioneered by ASDS members.
Gold Awards were presented
to ASDS for the following:
- Association website: The ASDS website, featuring a wealth
of public resources as well as education and training, branding materials and
practice resources for members.
- Web video: “Marjie’s Story,” a patient
testimonial video made available to members as part of the ASDS branding
- Direct-mail brochure: The 2016 ASDS Annual Meeting
registration brochure, offering comprehensive information on educational
courses, faculty, events and logistical information for ASDS Annual Meeting
won five Honorable Mention MarCom Awards:
- Web video: “Christine’s Story,” a patient testimonial
video on cosmetic dermatologic surgery treatments.
- “Cosmetic Medical Procedures: Who Are the Pioneers?,” a news video on a
first-of-its-kind scientific study providing powerful evidence that
dermatologists are the premier innovators in 14 of 18 categories of
non-invasive and minimally invasive cosmetic medical procedures.
- Association publication: Currents as a top association member magazine.
- Public relations brochure: 2016-17 ASDS Experts Guide.
The guide – which helps connect ASDS experts with media members for interviews
– features more than 200 member bios and was distributed to media nationwide.
- Magazine advertising: The ASDS Referring Physician
magazine ad, aimed at increasing public
and referring physician awareness of the Society and positioning ASDS members
as leaders in skin health and beauty.